Running Genie, Grant These Wishes!

Today’s post is a super fun link-up with PattyErika, and Marcia for their ‘Tuesdays on the Run‘ series. It’s about three wishes for the running genie. I definitely have a couple of them. But, I was able to pick out my top three ones to ask him. Do check out their posts and a bunch of other bloggers for what we, as a running community wish for.

lamp

First Wish – No Injuries
Hey genie, with my first half-marathon around the corner, I feel so blessed to have come this far in my training. Everything is going as scheduled. There are good days, there are bad days. My top most wish to you would be to fly me through the rest of training with no injuries. Being a ‘heavy’ runner, it was one of my apprehensions to join the sport. I am always in awe of my growing strength each day. Let those slight twinges here and there, be just in my head.

Second Wish – Mental Strength
Hey genie, you know what all this is about. After all, you think and believe in it, in order for you to will it. I usually go out with a positive attitude that I can do it. But, you know. I am human and sometimes, that’s always not the case. On race day, could you give me the best possible mental grit. I am also going to work on it until then. But, just add your magic to it too please.

Third Wish – Spread The Love
Hey genie, if my other two were just wishes, you can call this my command. It took me 26 years to start running and there are absolutely no regrets about joining in the love so late. Better late than never, am I right? Words can’t describe how much positivity and self-esteem this sport has given me. But, I am having a hard time convincing my friends (the real life ones) about how awesome this sport is. Could you just get them started please? I am trying! Just a little nudge from your end will do wonders.

As always, love you running genie!

If the running genie were to grant you 3 running wishes, what would they be?

*****

14 thoughts on “Running Genie, Grant These Wishes!

• pondernwonder says:

I was in their position too… Tried running for a whole year just to find out what the whole fuss around it was… Glad I did 🙂

1. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I love your running wishes! No injuries is always a big one! I think it’s great that you want to spread your joy for running with your friends 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Chaitali says:

Great wishes! I love the last one 🙂 I’ve convinced 2 friends to join me in half marathons and now I’ve convinced my brother to do his first this Fall. But it’s taken years. I think just talking about the positive things it’s done for me and the way in which I enjoy races did it more than asking those people to join me. The motivation has got to be internal. Of course, once people did mention their interest, I would volunteer to go for a run with them or join them for their first race, etc.

Liked by 1 person

• pondernwonder says:

That’s a great way to nudge them into the running madness. I am waiting to finish my first half. Hopefully that will motivate them. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

• pondernwonder says:

Thanks Kim… yes indeed… It was a fun link-up. Thanks for the support. I am freaking out a bit. Hopefully the nerves calm down before the race.

3. Zebra Girl says:

Good luck on your first half! I remember my first half in 2012…it was probably one of my favorite running memories! Love your 3 wishes…yes, getting nonfriends and family to understand the running excitement would be pretty awesome. My wish would definitely be to stay injury free!

Liked by 1 person

• pondernwonder says:

Thanks so much for the support. Hoping it goes well too. I hope the genie grants all your wishes… a girl can dream right? 😛 Thanks for stopping by!